Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login
:iconpudenda:
pudenda Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2009
In general, I am against abortion, but I also think it should be availabe, safe ...and rare.

The health care reform bill passed by the House prohibits women from purchasing health care through the government exchange if the provider they choose covers abortions. Imagine that! Some of you probably think this only involves the so called "Public Option", but read the bill. For example, if your employer offers health insurance following Government guidelines (which means plans with a ban on pre-existing conditions an such like), you are chit out of luck. Even if you can afford coverage, you will be prohibited from buying it. The only way you would be covered is if you opt out of the "sponsored" system entirely and buy your insurance on the open market. I believe this is simply a backdoor ban on freedom of choice.

Why is it the same people who preach individual liberty are the first to try and exorcise it?
(2 Replies)

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconcelfydd:
celfydd Featured By Owner Oct 12, 2016  Hobbyist General Artist
From a pragmatic point of view, if you get rid of state funded free abortion, you'll end up with a lot more poor people.
pudenda Featured By Owner Oct 12, 2016
Who will further burden a society unwilling to help them. We revere the unborn, but scorn poor children. It's d sad, really. 
:iconlexxii:
lexxii Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2009  Hobbyist General Artist
It really is an issue that sure needs more research and hopefully allows more Americans that cant afford any health insurance an option to be covered at some point.
Most of the rhetoric ive heard is by people that can more than afford health coverage and thats a sad thing and they are worrying about losing things that can well well afford unlike the more then 50 million Americans that cant.
Its an issue that needed to be discussed for more then 50 years and unlike past and former administrations at the very least it is being addressed and im sure cant be worse overall then no affordable health care thats unreachable by so many and thats an issue.

If all it does is make it affordable for so many and helps the people that certainly need it then it will be successful.

The Insurance lobby like most corporations in this country have far outreached their lies and disrepect to so many that things have to change and if this does not work then change must happen again.
pudenda Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2009
Our Presiding Bishop Katharine Schori put it very well:
"Health care has crystalized American individualism gone amok. The attitude is: I have mine, to hell with you." (her exact words) She said: "We are delusional, in that we have lost our sense of community responsibility and have begun to think we are each an island, sufficient unto ourselves. But we are not islands, and when the weight of an out of control health care system comes crashing down on us, when none of us can afford coverage, we will rue the day we chose to ignore this crisis." Smart woman, Katharine.
Add a Comment: